- AC Motor
- AC motors are suitable for industrial use and suited for applications in the medium power range.
- Deviation of the target position with respect to the actual position, throughout the complete travel.
- Air Bearing
- Air bearings combine outstanding operating parameters in terms of flatness, waviness and straightness at the same time with high speeds and accelerations.
- Angle Measuring System
- Angle measuring systems are used in rotary stages and guarantee high repeatability.
- Ball Screw (Kugelgewindetrieb)
- A ball screw is a drive, in which inserted balls transmit the force between screw and nut with extremely high efficiency.
- Cross roller bearings
- Cross roller bearings are characterized by their excellent properties in waviness, straightness and flatness.
- DC-Motor (DC-Motor)
- DC motors are ideally suited for applications with high speeds and low torques.
- Deviations in flatness
- Height changes in the positioning system parallel to the clamping surface while driving throughout the complete travel length.
- Deviations in straightness
- Lateral deviations in the positioning system from a reference straight line while driving throughout the complete travel.
- Dynamic iron-core linear motor
- The dynamic linear motor provides high speeds and extreme accelerations.
- Dynamic iron-less linear motor
- The iron-less dynamic linear motor provides higher speeds in comparison to an iron-core dynamic linear motor.
- Radial deviation in the positioning system from an ideal circular path while driving throughout the complete travel.
- External vibrations
- What influence do external vibrations have on the repeatability of a positioning system?
- Fault compensation
- Which options for fault compensations are available?
- Lead Screw (Gleitgewindetrieb, Gleitgewindegetriebe)
- With a lead screw, a spindle is turned by a motor and the nut, which is secured against rotation, is moved on this threaded rod.
- Line of best fit
- What is a line of best fit? What is it used for?
- Linear Encoder
- Linear encoders consist of a scale and a read head.
- Max. acceleration
- Maximum acceleration with which the drive of the unloaded positioning system can accelerate.
- Max. Load
- Kraft, die das Positioniersystem um die jeweilige Achse kontinuierlich erzeugen kann.
- Max. load Fx
- Force that the positioning system can exert continuously in the drive direction (lifting tables, Fz)
- Max. load Fy
- Force that the positioning system can absorb transverse to the drive direction.
- Max. load Fz
- Force that the positioning system can absorb in gravitational direction (for vertical lifting tables, Fx).
- Max. speed (Max. Geschwindigkeit)
- Maximum speed (instantaneous speed) that the positioning system can at most reach with a typical load for a short moment.
- Max. torque
- Maximum torque (torque load) that the positioning system may load without significantly influencing the accuracy.
- Max. torque Mx
- Maximum torque (torque load) that the positioning system may load in the drive direction without significantly influencing the accuracy.
- Max. torque My
- Maximum torque (moment load) that the positioning system may load transversely to the drive direction without significantly influencing the accuracy information.
- Max. torque Mz
- Maximum moment (moment load) that the positioning system may load in the direction of gravity without significantly influencing the accuracy.
- Nanomotion® Piezo Motor (Nanomotion)
- This piezo motor provides very high resolution in the nanometer range.
- Open Loop (ohne Messystem, without Feedback)
- The positioning system does not use feedback to determine whether its output has reached the desired target of the input command or process setpoint.
- Open loop vs. Closed loop
- For open loop positioning, the system practically moves without looking at the actually reached position.
- PiezoLEGS® Motor (PM)
- In general, piezo motors are characterized by very high resolution in the nanometer range.
- Rotation around the Y axis
- Plain Bearing
- Plain bearings characterized by precise operating parameters in terms of flatness, waviness and straightness; however they are only suitable for applications that require low speeds.
- Positioning speed
- Average of the minimum speeds with which a position can be reached throughout the complete travel.
- Profile Rail Bearing
- The profile rail bearings are suitable for industrial applications. With profile rail bearings, speeds and accelerations can be realized as it is required in typical machines. Their precise operating parameters in flatness, waviness and straightness are n
- Repeatability (Repeat accuracy, Reproducibility)
- Accuracy, with which a positioning system can drive to the same position from one direction.
- Repeatability bidirectional (bidirectional)
- Bidirectional repeatability is the ability to repeat a movement in both directions.
- Repeatability unidirectional (unidirectional)
- Unidirectional repeatability is the ability to repeat a motion from the same direction only and ignores hysteresis effects.
- smallest change in distance that a system can distinguish
- Rotation around the X axis
- Rotary Encoder
- Rotary encoders are in most cases directly mounted on the actuator and detect the circular motion of the motor.
- Stepper Motor
- The stepper motor is ideally suited for applications with low forces and low speed.
- Torque Motor
- The torque motor is optimised for high torques.
- Path that the positioning system can travel between the end switches that have just reset.
- Wiederholgenauigkeit bidirektional (bidirektional)
- Die bidirektionale Wiederholgenauigkeit ist die Fähigkeit, eine Bewegung in beide Richtungen zu wiederholen.
- Wiederholgenauigkeit unidirektional (unidirektional)
- Die unidirektionale Wiederholgenauigkeit ist die Fähigkeit, eine Bewegung nur aus der gleichen Richtung zu wiederholen und ignoriert Hysterese-Effekte.
- Rotation around the Z axis