µm Know How
- AC Motor
- AC motors are suitable for industrial use and suited for applications in the medium power range.
- Deviation of the target position with respect to the actual position, throughout the complete travel.
- Air Bearing
- Air bearings combine outstanding operating parameters in terms of flatness, waviness and straightness at the same time with high speeds and accelerations.
- Angle Measuring System
- Angle measuring systems are used in rotary stages and guarantee high repeatability.
- Cross roller bearings
- Cross roller bearings are characterized by their excellent properties in waviness, straightness and flatness.
- DC Motor
- DC motors are ideally suited for applications with high speeds and low torques.
- Deviations in flatness
- Height changes in the positioning system parallel to the clamping surface while driving throughout the complete travel length.
- Deviations in straightness
- Lateral deviations in the positioning system from a reference straight line while driving throughout the complete travel.
- Dynamic iron-core linear motor
- The dynamic linear motor provides high speeds and extreme accelerations.
- Dynamic iron-less linear motor
- The iron-less dynamic linear motor provides higher speeds in comparison to an iron-core dynamic linear motor.
- Radial deviation in the positioning system from an ideal circular path while driving throughout the complete travel.
- External vibrations
- What influence do external vibrations have on the repeatability of a positioning system?
- Fault compensation
- Which options for fault compensations are available?
- Line of best fit
- What is a line of best fit? What is it used for?
- Linear Encoder
- Linear encoders consist of a scale and a read head.
- Max. acceleration
- Maximum acceleration with which the drive of the unloaded positioning system can accelerate.
- Max. load Fx
- Force that the positioning system can exert continuously in the drive direction (lifting tables, Fz)
- Max. load Fy
- Force that the positioning system can absorb transverse to the drive direction.
- Max. load Fz
- Force that the positioning system can absorb in gravitational direction (for vertical lifting tables, Fx).
- Nanomotion® Piezo Motor
- This piezo motor provides very high resolution in the nanometer range.
- Open loop vs. Closed loop
- For open loop positioning, the system practically moves without looking at the actually reached position.
- PiezoLEGS® Motor
- In general, piezo motors are characterized by very high resolution in the nanometer range.
- Plain Bearing
- Plain bearings characterized by precise operating parameters in terms of flatness, waviness and straightness; however they are only suitable for applications that require low speeds.
- Positioning speed
- Average of the minimum speeds with which a position can be reached throughout the complete travel.
- Profile Rail Bearing
- The profile rail bearings are suitable for industrial applications. With profile rail bearings, speeds and accelerations can be realized as it is required in typical machines. Their precise operating parameters in flatness, waviness and straightness are n
- Repeatability (Repeat accuracy, Reproducibility)
- Accuracy, with which a positioning system can drive to the same position from one direction.
- Rotary Encoder
- Rotary encoders are in most cases directly mounted on the actuator and detect the circular motion of the motor.
- Stepper Motor
- The stepper motor is ideally suited for applications with low forces and low speed.